Uncategorized

Little Pot Finished

As promised here is the finished pot. It did work, as if there was any doubt. All the problems I had were to do with the size of the pot and me.

The first problem is that I cut the whole in the top much to big. I think it would have been better pot if it had curved in at the top. it is much to open making it more up and down. Part of that is the size of the piece. It is only about 2.5 inches tall. Also I should have to cut the holes sooner so I can work on the cut edges, or at the end so the edges would be cleaner.

Here are the silk cocoons I put in. I did not position these well so on is to high and one to low. Again the size of the pot limited my options. The cocoons did work well. They were crushed., but that didn’t really matter. After it was dry I cut open the cocoons and then steamed them to reshape them. It may have been better to do those sooner so m=perhaps the cut holes could have been made smoother. All in all not a great pot but it was a good piece to remind me of all thing I really already new but didn’t think about. I think I will make another one but bigger.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.